cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP Hangs on Clicking on Config

Charlie Hua
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know what happened but during the uninstall of Cisco Configuration Professional 2.5 to 2.6, the program hangs after router discovery, after clicking on ANY configuration in the tree-list.  I've uninstalled Java, the CP, deleted folders, and re-installed - it just hangs there with the Java logo.  Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Hello charlie,

I had issues in the past involving java in the end i did what you have done and reinstalled everything however as i remember i had to tweek the java settings and IE to get it to work.

found this most helpful

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Configuration_Professional_--_Troubleshooting

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Sadly, the help doc didn't have the solution.  However, after two days of constantly installing and uninstalling, I found the solution.  I had to launch CP from Internet Explorer itself in order to see what the exact error message was.  CP launching in its own window masks most all console error messages.  The problem was the part about "disable advanced Java plugins."  I had it already disabled, but after downgrading to 1.6.0_11, CP did not properly recognize that setting.  I had to go into the Java settings, enable advanced java, open CP, let it CRASH.  Then go back into Java, disable advanced java plugins, then re-open CP for it to properly recognize the Java plugin, letting me run - FINALLY!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card