cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Documentation forbidden error

ahmad82pkn
Level 3
Level 3

I am not sure where to put this question. But i hope someone can help me.

There are many Cisco documents that when i access give me 403 forbidden error mentioned below.

Can any one tell what package i need to buy from Cisco so that i have full access to all documentation on Cisco website?

or i need to purchase per product documentation privillages? any pointers would be helpful.

Example link i am unable to open is

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/interfaces_modules/port_adapters/install_upgrade/pos/pa-pos-oc3_install_config/paposoc3.html

"

The file or application you are  trying to access may require additional entitlement or you are trying to  access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are  granted based on a users relationship with Cisco on a per-application  basis.

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please try one of the following methods to locate your document:

1. If you are manually entering the URL into your browser  location bar, be sure to include the file name of the page you are  trying to access (file names typically end in .htm, .html or .shtml).
  2. Use the Search feature located in the upper right section of this page.
  3. Return to the Cisco.com Home or select a primary site area from the top navigation bar.
  4. Consult with your Cisco Account Manager to confirm you have the appropriate entitlement to access this page.

If you would like to contact someone about this problem, please click on the Contacts & Feedback link below.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

ahmad82pkn wrote:

There are many Cisco documents that when i access give me 403 forbidden error mentioned below.

Can any one tell what package i need to buy from Cisco so that i have full access to all documentation on Cisco website?

or i need to purchase per product documentation privillages? any pointers would be helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/interfaces_modules/port_adapters/install_upgrade/pos/pa-pos-oc3_install_config/paposoc3.html

Right, that's because, I believe, you're trying to access information for a paid support account and/or special "partner" information.  (Note - you'll often bump into reference links on the support forum because the poster is using such an account.)

Most of the time, the same information is available publicly, but under a different link.  For example, I get the same forbidden access for your link using the account I'm posting with (which differs from my contract support account).  Try your above link, but remove the "/partner", above.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

ahmad82pkn wrote:

Right, that's because, I believe, you're trying to access information for a paid support account and/or special "partner" information.  (Note - you'll often bump into reference links on the support forum because the poster is using such an account.)

Most of the time, the same information is available publicly, but under a different link.  For example, I get the same forbidden access for your link using the account I'm posting with (which differs from my contract support account).  Try your above link, but remove the "/partner", above.

hehehe Thats wonderful, it works. all these years i have been cursing myself how to access these links.

Full marks to Joseph.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card