cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IE 2000 Switch Configuration Reset

JohnKerekes629
Level 1
Level 1

I’m having an issue resetting the configuration of an IE 2000 switch. Someone incorrectly configured the switch.  The resetting method with the express setup doesn’t work.  The EXP LED turns red.  I managed to get online with the switch with the USB connection.  But I don’t know the CLI commands to reset the switch.

Also when I tried to reset, I got the following on the CLI interface:

*Jan  2 01:03:32.764: %CLS_ACC-2-SETUP_BTN_PRS: setup/admin button pressed

*Jan  2 01:03:32.764: %CLS_ACC-3-UNABLE_TO_RESET_CONFIG: Switch already has configuration's cannot enter Express Setup

*Jan  2 01:03:42.772: %CLS_ACC-2-MODE_EXITED: Complete consoleless access from mode EXPRESS SETUP

*Jan  2 01:03:44.802: %CLS_ACC-2-SETUP_BTN_PRS: setup/admin button pressed to enter DHCP client mode

*Jan  2 01:03:44.802: %CLS_ACC-3-UNABLE_TO_RESET_CONFIG: Switch already has configuration's cannot enter Express Setup

*Jan  2 01:03:44.802: %SYS-3-HARIKARI: Process Express Setup DHCP Init top-level routine exited

*Jan  2 00:01:20.237: %USB_CONSOLE-6-MEDIA_USB: Console media

I just want to reset the switch back to factory default settings.  Thanks.

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

if you know the enable password it would be

- <enter> (to get a prompt)

- switchname> enable (go into enable mode)

- switchname# write erase

- switchname# reload (do not save configuration!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card