Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS problem

toivo.gomes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys

I need you help about Cisco IOS of My Switches and Routers. I turned on the devices yesterday, to do some labs, when I tried chose the option "no" to proceed with configuration on router, It started to appear special characters. This issue is happening always when I use keyboard to insert the commands. You can to find the image that I reported in attachment.

I'll be waiting for your feedback-

Thank you and I am sorry for my writing errors.

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

is this on all devices as there hardly all have a console issues simultaneously

did you try a different emulator putty /hyper or terra see if its the same

Try a different laptop pc to connect as well to try and rule out the Cisco devices , seems strange they would all be like that if that's the case I would be looking at the device your connecting with or software being used. Console ports do go but rarely

is it direct console or through and access terminal

Hi Mark Malone

Yesterday I used a different laptop and console cable. Also I changed the terminal access like putty and secureCRT, but nothing fixed this problem.

I tried to change the console's speed but nothing happened.

I am staying without solutions for this. Incredible it is happening with all cisco devices of my lab like Switch and Routers.

Hi Mark Malone

Yesterday I used a different laptop and other console cable. Also I changed the terminal access, I used putty and secureCRT, but nothing fixed this problem.

I tried to change the console's speed but nothing happened.

I am staying without solutions for this. Incredible it is happening with all cisco devices of my lab like Switch and Routers.

very strange alright , did you try turn off any firewalls and antivirus etc on the laptop as that could be interfering with it if its very strict

No, I don't. I will try turn off windows firewall and antinvirus after that I will post if It fix or not.

Thank you Mark Malone

Mark Malone

I turn off windows firewall and antivirus and nothing happened. 

The only other thing I can think of is try change the baud rate settings , even though standard is 9600 you could try 115200 

as well check device manager on the pc com ports see if there are any warnings on it , cant see how this is a Cisco issue if all devices are effected

I did already change the baud for 115200 and nothing, I start to think that the problem can be console interface maybe it has some issue. It's strange.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card