Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber on CME 2800 Series

Hi ...

I have a CME 2801 Software (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M),  Version 12.4(15)T9.

Does it support Cisco Jabber configuration (For both Android & Apple products) ?

In case it does not support Cisco Jabber, how to make it supported on this CME ?

And how to configure Cisco Jabber on it while it's already configured and working on Cisco IP phones 79XX ?

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@MustafaRagheb06718 wrote:

Does it support Cisco Jabber configuration (For both Android & Apple products) ?

In case it does not support Cisco Jabber, how to make it supported on this CME ?

Nothing short of a miracle.  Jabber is not supported something so old like an ISR G1.  

Jabber on CME is only supported for Windows and Mac.

https://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-voice/907-cisco-voice-jabber-android-iphone.html

What about this article ?

It says it can be supported (with images of the configuration).

Does this configuration works ?

https://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-voice/907-cisco-voice-jabber-android-iphone.html

What about this article ?

It says it can be supported (with images of the configuration).

Does this configuration works ?

Please read that article very carefully.

On the 1st of November 2010, Cisco announced its discontinuation of all 2800 series ISR routers and, as a result, will only provide minor software upgrades.

The latest IOS version available for the 2800 series is 15.1(4) which, according to our CME-IOS Matrix, supports CallManager Express v8.6.  

Since support for the Android operating system begins officially with v9.1, the 2800 series CME routers will only be able to support Cisco Jabber for iPhone.  Unfortunately no support for Android is available (yet) for this platform, and we don’t expect to see any in the near future.  

IT Managers and engineers who want to provide CME services to their Android Jabber users must upgrade to the 2900 series platform.

Hello,

which CME version do you have installed on this IOS ? I thought you needed 15.1(4)M at the very minimum (at least that is what the compatibility matrix linked below says)...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.html

Version 12.4(15)T9 is installed with software (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M)

Hello,

what I meant was: which CME version do you have installed ?

--> I have a CME 2801 Software (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T9.

I don't follow

What you wrote is correct "I have a CME 2801 Software (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M),  Version 12.4(15)T9". this is the CME version I have installed

Unless I'm mistaken this "CME 2801" is the CME version.

Unless I'm mistaken this "CME 2801" is the CME version.

CME is a product name.  2801 is the name model of the router. 

The 2801 is on 12.4(15)T9.  Does it have the necessary resources (IOS file, DRAM & flash) to upgrade to 15.1(4)M? 

Cisco Jabber Desktop and Mobile Client Software Vulnerabilities (CVSS:  9.9)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card