cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 3548 cut-through from 1G to 10G or not?

Hi all,

I have a Nexus 3548 and an incoming link at 1G and an outgoing link at 10G. I know the Nexus 3548 is a cut-through switch but I've read that when you go from 1G to 10G on some other cut-through switches it will change to store-and-forward. I have not been able to find any information that suggests this is or is not the case for the 3548. Does anyone know whether the 3548 operates the same or not? Also, would it make a difference if WARP mode is enabled?

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to add to @balaji.bandi table (which I am not sure if that is really for N3500 since there is no FC/FCoE on this platform), if Nexus 3500 is in WARP mode, the switch will pretty much act like a wire (the frame processing is minimal), regardless of ingress/egress port. That means no store-and-forward. 

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji.

I had indeed seen this overview for the N5K, but as the 3548 is specifically a low latency switch, I was wondering whether it was different.

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to add to @balaji.bandi table (which I am not sure if that is really for N3500 since there is no FC/FCoE on this platform), if Nexus 3500 is in WARP mode, the switch will pretty much act like a wire (the frame processing is minimal), regardless of ingress/egress port. That means no store-and-forward. 

Stay safe,

Sergiu

The one inforamtioin pulled from specific related to Nexus 5K - but other features can be related to this question.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card