Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5020 - "[00]" via console using Termite

G4L3A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a Cisco Nexus 5020 which, when first power on, doesn't provide anything via console instead of the following: "[00]" (using Termite). It seems that the switch doesn't complete its boot sequence and fails to initiate the SFP port self checks.

The switch appears to be DOA. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I have provided a video of the switch powering up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16fJ3abh3Aua0cBOVFRtHrZ4cyGSeFLPr/view

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Ben Samayoa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Try a different console terminal such as Tera-Term or putty, connect the console and restart it and wait if 

anything shows up on the screen. It will definitely shows something there.

regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Putty and Tera-term have been tried previous to Termite, and nothing is presented via the console interface. It doesn't respond to any input whatsoever. Termite has been the only client to present anything, even if its a hex representation of null ([00]).

Cheers!

Was it working ok prior this issue?

Hi Ben,

Yes, I can confirm that it was working prior to this issue. Its very unusual that, all of a sudden, the switch is no longer responding to console input. It was shipped to another individual after being sold, and appears to have been "thrown around by Fedex" during transit - I suspect something may have happened.

Cheers!

Hi there again!

It is most likely been dropped and that is the cause of the failure.

I never seen one of them with a similar issue.

You will have to returned it to sender as a DOA - damaged in transit.

Funny enough i got a different device damaged in transit couple of days ago same courier. 

Box was dropped by the looks of it - and poorly packed.

Best of luck.

regards,

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card