cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus not talking to Cisco Catalyst

seola30
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup a pair of new Cisco Nexus 93180's to handle heavy lifting, I have a few vmware hosts connected to it to handle frontend traffic but the Nexus switches won't communicate with the Cisco catalyst switches. Currently two of the vlans are based on the Nexus, which has HSRP on them, while a central catalyst (half distrubiton/half access layer) handles the rest of the vans.

Is there a feature of function that needs to be turned on or particular way to step it up on the Nexus (somewhat new with Nexus) that I am over looking?

3 Replies 3

Hello

assumption is you’ve created the vpc domain and have a peer link and keepalive all up and ruining between the n9ks

all the key features are enabled -lacp - interface vlan - vpc etc
You have vpc between the cisco switches and most importantly the cisco switchs have a port-channels for their links into each n9k?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the configuration for us to look or refer below documet for config :

https://howtorouteswitch.com/nexus-vpc-configuration/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I dont know your NSK config, 
but 
are you allow vPC VLAN in Peer-link ?
are you use vPC VLAN or non vPC VLAN for connection to Catalyst SW?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card