Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NX-OS 7000 Series - MAC Table issues

g-campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a pair of Cisco Nexus 7000 switches in a VPC configuration with several Nexus 5000 switches attached.  The config has about 50 or so VLANs each with a /24 subnet address assigned.  These SVIs include HSRP etc and are all a member of the same VRF.  Unfortunatelu I am not able to advise/confirm if the issue is on the last vlans and svis configured as I am not aware of the history/chronology of the configurations applied.

The issue I have is that one of the Nexus 7000s seems to take some time providing output or even freezing until I issue a Ctrl+C when issuing simple commands such as "show ip arp vlan 123 vrf abc123" or "show mac address-table dynamic vlan 1234".  This seems to affect only some but not all vlans or all SVIs in the VRF.  This behaviour is the same whether accessing the cli via a console, SSH and/or telnet session.

A check of CPU and mem reveals little utilisation to cause any concern and will begin a bug toolkit hunt for version 6.01.I just wondered if there is any experience here that may be able to help me diagnose and troubleshoot this problem.

Any useful advice is appreciated.

Regards

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Open a ticket with TAC, as this maybe a software issue. You would probably need to upgrade the OS.  6.1.1 seems to be  good.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card