cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4510R sup V-10GE Uplink Help

Duane Silva
Level 1
Level 1

I have a two Cisco 4510R each with two sup V-10GE redundant. The code on these sup modules are 12.2(31r)SG3. I need some assistance in getting this setup worked out.

I have all four of the 10GE populated with appropriate optics. I setup a link from one 4510R to the other using these interfaces. From the documentation I found I had to use Tengi1/1 and Tengi2/2 as the redundant pair. I plugged the uplink into these ports. The Tengi1/1 (active supervisor) links up and works fine. But when I look at the ports port Tengi2/2 it isn't showing link or active. Now port 2/1 (nothing plugged into it) is showing as active.

Now is the redundancy supposed to be 1/1 and 2/1? If so, the switch is in production, when I move the connection over from 2/2 to 2/1 will it cause a outage? The reason for this is I now have a system with a 10G port and would like to utilize one of the other 10G ports. Is that possible? Or does it have to be a lag/redundant uplink to work (say to another switch)?

Appreaciate any help provided!

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The Tengi1/1 (active supervisor) links up and works fine. But when I look at the ports port Tengi2/2 it isn't showing link or active. Now port 2/1 (nothing plugged into it) is showing as active.

When you have a single supervisor card, both 10 Gbps link will work.  If you have two supervisor cards, only the first port of each card will work and the 2nd port is disabled.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need to put the ports from the active and stand-by sups in an Etherchannel using LACP or PAGP. 

For the 10Gig ports the max is 2.

See table-3 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps6033/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c5c66.html

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card