cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco packet tracer help !!!

baothach722002
Level 1
Level 1

I want to construct a network for a company with two branches which each is located in different cities, so how can I connect them in PCT. Can you guys help me ?

P/s: I have one head office and two other branches are in two different cities, so how I connect them and using what in PCT

35 Replies 35

Hello,

the subinterfaces are connected to the HCM_Switch. That is where the Vlans are, the subinterfaces on the router are essentially 'externalized' SVIs.

Have a look at the document below which explains the router-on-a-stick concept:

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/configuration-of-router-on-a-stick/

Why doesn't the connection turn green ?
I have set IP address for those switches and those gig0/0/0 sub interfaces
and the server seems to not connect to the switch too
File below

Hello,

post the zipped project (.pkt) file you are working on now...

Here is the file in process now. Pls guide me

Hello,

--> interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 (the physical interface) on the router was shut. You need to 'no shut' it, otherwise the subinterfaces won't come up

--> FastEthernet0/5 on the HCM_Switch needs to be a trunk

--> the subinterface GigabitEthernet0/0/0.90 needs an IP address

Attached the revised file...

So the other switches in those cluster need default gateway right ?

And also need to create vlan for each switch

Hello,

on each switch, you need to configure the below:

interface Vlan100
mac-address 0001.4269.eb02
ip address 172.169.100.2 255.255.255.0 <-- the IP address needs to be a different one for each switch
!
ip default-gateway 172.169.100.1

Create the Vlan on the HCM_Switch, and a subinterface for that Vlan on the router.

Hi,

I have configure those address, and can you check it ?

Also why I have set the route from Server Site to those floors in HCM_Switch but if failed ?

Can you explain and show me how to configure the route for them to ping to each other

Those devices in each vlans can ping to each other right now but can't ping to other devices in others site

File attached below sir

Hello,

the attached file you sent has no Vlan 100 confgiuration at all. Did you create the subinterface on the router, and the Vlan 100 interfaces on the switches ?

Also, you have enabled IP routing on the HCM_Switch and enabled interfaces that belong to...which Vlans ? If you enable ip routing on the switch, the switch effectively becomes a router, and the subinterfaces that are already configured on the router make no sense anymore.

Take the original file I sent, and just add the Vlan 100 subinterface in the same way the other subinterfaces are configured.

I have configure vlan 100 for each switch but it failed ! I don't know why.

Also, why the route can't be go through

Hello,

use the file I sent you originally. The HCM_Switch is the VTP server, you only need to configure the Vlan on that switch. It will be propagated to the other connected VTP client switches.

Hello Mr. I still can't configure them to ping to each other.
I just wanted to ping from WAN to WAn but I still failed. I'm so confused
right now because of that.
CAN'T PING FROM DEVICES IN SITE 1 TO OTHER DEVICE IN OTHER SITE, THAT'S THE
POINT I WANT TO SOLVE RIGHT NOW.
The vlan 100 you had told me, I can't configure it sorry
P/s sorry for bothering you

Hello,

let me ask you: are you following a class, online or with a live instructor ?

Your switch has ip routing enabled, and SVIs configured with the same IP addresses configured on the subinterfaces of the router. There is no routing whatsoever configured.

What instructions are you following ? Can you send those over (the same as with your previous project) ?

This project is the previous but I have added some and changed a little bit.
I'm following an online class in my school due to epidemic

Hello,

first of all, you need to decide which device you want to do the inter-Vlan routing: the switch, or the router ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card