cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco packet tracer help

hiroyu
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to PT and taking the online intro course.

In the sector Video - Deploying Devices Example they connected home router to a webcam. 

I tried connecting mine on my PT but it keep getting connection error: The cable cannot be connected to this port

Please help 

see attached

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

it is because WebCam is wireless one by default;  Click on Webcam, click on Advanced button in right-lower corner. This should add I/O Config tab to menu on top between Specs and Physical tabs. Go to I/O and add Network Ethernet adapter.

Also, you can Find and Use motion_detector.pkt sample file in your install folder; Also check PT samples files in \Cisco Packet Tracer 8.1.0\saves\04 IoT\Solution Examples

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Martin L
VIP
VIP

it is because WebCam is wireless one by default;  Click on Webcam, click on Advanced button in right-lower corner. This should add I/O Config tab to menu on top between Specs and Physical tabs. Go to I/O and add Network Ethernet adapter.

Also, you can Find and Use motion_detector.pkt sample file in your install folder; Also check PT samples files in \Cisco Packet Tracer 8.1.0\saves\04 IoT\Solution Examples

Regards, ML

Hi. i am trying cisco now and also have this error. I cannot see the add Network Ethernet Adapter. I added a screenshot. Hope for you assistance. Thanks

is this regular PT lab? yours ?  if this is PT activity lab (lab made by instructor), some things and tabs are limited/disabled so that he/she can grade your lab.  such file is password protected.

you can always attach PT file here but must be zip it first. 

Regards, ML

oh that is why. yes i just started and following the tutorial. ok will just continue the course for now.

thanks for the quick reply!

This note means to say, set the "Network Adapter" field to the name of an Ethernet network in your topology space.  Specifically, set this to "PT-IOT-NM-1CE."  That's what worked for me.  Once this is done, the auto-connect "lightning bolt" button will work as seen in the video.

Hope this helps.

I noticed the default Webcam was wireless only after trying to use the automatic connection type tool to connect the Webcam to the Home Router/Wireless Router, finding in the I/O configuration tab, a small list of different Network Adapter types in the first drop down box. PT-IOT-NM-1W was selected and I stuck out searching for a defined list of each type so the best one can be chosen.

My best *guess* for the PT-IOT-NM prefix they all begin with would be: Packet Tracer, Internet of Things, Network Module, then your choices could possibly be: 1CE (single connection copper Ethernet?), 1CFE being single connection copper Fast Ethernet, 1CGE might be single connection copper Gigabit Ethernet, 1W single connection Wireless, 1W-AC single connection Wireless-AC connection, and 3G/4G could possibly be 3G or 4G Cellular Network connection.

Best wishes,

Best wishes,
th4201

Hello Martin

This option didn't work for me. I decided continue the course dismissing this part

Regards

Hi Martin,

Many thanks! it's working for me.

Regards,

EP

Thanks so much bruh 

luisjoseprofe
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @bitcrumbtrail, it worked for me.

hugodop
Level 1
Level 1

So I met the same issue that you got when following the lab tutorial and in order to resolve it, you need to :

1. left-click on the webcam --> it will open its setting windows
  2. click the "Advanced" button --> the "I/O Config" tab will appear
  3. under "I/O Config" tab you will need to change the value of the field "Network Adapter" and select one type of adapter which can connect to the router by ethernet for example the one ending with "CFE" like in here attached picture

packet tracer bug.jpg

credits to this hero on stackoverflow users/3025856/jeremy-caney

mithilabcc07
Level 1
Level 1

I also had same issue, i tried below setting, after below setting successfully connection was built 

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 13.52.32.jpeg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: