Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet tracer HELP

Nathan_study
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

So after my CCNA i've failed to get a networking job and do much with my networking skills i've built up.
now I'm going to start picking it up again and relearn my skills for an opportunity at my work.
But I'm running in to an issue with my packet tracer 

Nathan_study_0-1677247900154.png

So I'm running 2 core routers and 2 core switches,
I already configured The first port on each switch to have the ip in the range of 10.10.1.0/24
and I configured a standby ip of 10.10.1.254
But now I want to configure the other port on the switch in the same subnet but ofcourse it wouldn't let me and is saying it's overlapping.
How can I overcome this do I need to use another IP on that port and then another standby again or is there a way around this?

Kind regards,

Nathan

4 Replies 4

if the SW support stack vPC (for nexus) or VSS then you can config port-channael to both SW 

here this is two standalone SW so you can not assign same subnet

use 
SW1 VLAN1 ip 10.0.0.1 
SW2 VLAN1 ip 10.0.0.2
SW1 VLAN2 ip 20.0.0.1 
SW2 VLAN2 ip 20.0.0.2

R1-SW1 use 10.0.0.10
R1-SW2 use 20.0.0.10

R2-SW1 use 10.0.0.20
R1-Sw2 use 20.0.0.20

allow VLAN1 and VLAN2 in trunk between two SW

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"I already configured The first port on each switch to have the ip in the range of 10.10.1.0/24
and I configured a standby ip of 10.10.1.254"

Configured port on each switch.  Not the routers, correct?  If so, switch port is configured as a routed port?

How exactly do you configure the ports with a standby?  Using HSRP?  If so, what do you mean by "standby"?

"But now I want to configure the other port on the switch in the same subnet but ofcourse it wouldn't let me and is saying it's overlapping."

Yup, that's expected behavior.  Could you elaborate why you want a second port in same subnet on same switch?

From what you've described, I'm confused what your topology configuration actually is, as your core switches are L3 switches.  (I'm assuming you're not bridging through your ISR.)

What are you actually trying to accomplish?

BTW, you might attach a zip copy of your PT file.

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Gucamole
Level 1
Level 1

Please provide what are you trying to accomplish. Look into secondary IP. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card