Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am new to cisco and learning networking. But the different vlans I created can't communicate with each other, and I can't seem to find the problem. What should I post here inorder to enable you to assist in locating the problem?

Mykematt by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,   I am getting different kind of ping responses..May i know the meaning of the same.1. QQQ2.MMM3.........4.????5.&&&&6.UUUU7.restrict in hardwareOtherthan that is there any ping response.Advance in thanksTks&RgdsSenthil

Hello,I have a problem with one of our Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch. It was functional but we cut the power off for the whole rack and this one didn't boot. Both uplink ports shine amber and SYST led is blinking green. This does not change the whole ti...

ok, guys, I know this is an OLD device, but it belongs to a nonprofit and they can't afford new equipment now. they have a 2821 ISR running Version 15.1(1)T.  they need to add a few vlans but the vlan subcommand is not available.  I am using the comm...

jwatt2022 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to set up a network for the organization I'm currently posted at and in order to do that I need to access the CLI of the following switch:Cisco SG500-52P 52-port Gigabit POE Stackable Managed SwitchThe console port of the switch is DB9 ...

Fanis by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Gents, any suggestion what is best option for a new access switch? i have 2960x and 3750X here used in production and we are planning to expand so i need to add 2 or more access switches but 2960 and 3750 are both EOL already so any suggestion for...

I am getting ready to update the IOS version on our production switch.When i do a "sho ver" command and look at the hardware, it tells me it is a model "WS-C3650-24PD" switch. Then i navigate to software.cisco.com.I put in "3650" and i get the follow...

KMNRuser by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey! I am doing this lab at the moment and I am having trouble with some basic networking. I can send simple PDUs back and forth from computer/server to the switches then to the routers . But cannot ping from the server to the computer. Any help woul...

Char71 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes