cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco packet tracer simulation error

fatimaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have an error when I try to use the simulation, any ideas on how to fix it.

ps. I'm new to using this program.

15 Replies 15

Hi @fatimaa 

I opened the file in simulator mode here just fine. Which error do you get?

FlavioMiranda_0-1691698034081.png

Does the X on the PCs means that there is something wrong? and how can I fix it?

This information with X is probably packet that is arriving to the PC and the PC is rejecting it. Probably Spanning Tree BPDU from the switch

Configure the interfaces as spanning-tree portfast

We tried configuring the interfaces as spanning-tree portfast, but still it's not working. 

Share you PacketTracer project here and let me see. 

You need to zip the file before attach.

Look this file. I enable spanning-tree port-fast in all interfaces and  I dont see any pink envelops anymode.

Thank you for your response.

I opened the file that you attached and I still get the same problem the packets are not arriving at the PCs and I get an x on all envelopes.

If you go to the router and you try to ping the PCs, do you suceed? If you do, you dont need to worry about the envelops. The envelops only tells you that one packet arrived on the PC and it ignores it.

No, I don't succeed, the thing is per my project's requirements I need to create scenarios where I move packets all around the network.

First, make sure the PC is using DHCP:

FlavioMiranda_0-1691838744784.png

Then, go to the router and ping the PC

FlavioMiranda_1-1691838796621.png

If you see !!!!, this means the ping is fine.

I tested here and ping between PCs, even in different networks(colors) is working fine. I did not change anything on the config.

FlavioMiranda_2-1691838968803.png

Okay, it works now.

Thank you so much @Flavio Miranda, I really appreciate your help.

I'm also facing some problems with doing these 2 steps, so could you please guide me on how to perform them.

8.Ping the Gateway Router
Ping your network's gateway router to confirm its accessibility.

9.Show DNS Server Configuration
Display the configuration of the DNS server and demonstrate an interaction between a host and the DNS server.

I strongly recommend to all new students to watch FREE course about PT from NetAcadey. that course explains and shows all features of PT, how to use them, how to use PT for CCNA.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Too many Packets /Frames  are selected in show all Filters/ Events window. 

Switch to Sim, but Before pushing Play (start) of the sim mode, go to Edit Filters Or show none then select only Filters Packets you want to see.  

Also, other issues with PT can be solved by reducing number of devices; save, shut down PT and re-open it

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card