cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco platforms that support TTCP

scott.cann
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to test through-put from my routers to a managment station using TTCP. Does anyone know which platforms support TTCP. I am unable to test through-put using TTCP on Cisco 827's.

4 Replies 4

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

According to next document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094694.shtml

"TTCP requires Cisco IOS® Software Version 11.2 or higher and Feature Sets IP Plus (is- images) or Service Provider (p- images).

Note: The ttcp command is a hidden, unsupported, privileged mode command. As such, its availability may vary from one Cisco IOS software release to another, such that it might not exist in some releases. Some platforms, for instance, require the Cisco IOS Enterprise feature set in order to perform this activity."

HTH

I already installed 12.3 IP Plus and when I enter ttcp at the command prompt it would appear the router thinks I am trying to connect to another device rather than start ttcp as described in the cisco document.

I think, actually a few Cisco devices can run ttcp.

I'm managing a network with several Cisco routers (7500, 3600, 1700, all they with IOS IP Plus). I also have L3 Catalysts 6500 with Enterprise IOS. I've done a small test and only Catalysts can run ttcp, none of the routers can.

So maybe you will need Enterprise IOS or even your router dosen't support it.

HTH

My coworker and I got it to work on a 7507. You just have to use two interfaces, one to specify the source and one to specify the destination.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card