cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320 - a persistent ports appear to be a problem - Amazon Alexa drops connection

ksdehoff
Level 1
Level 1

All:

I have a strange issue with my new RV320 installation. I have been unable to keep an Amazon Alexa connected to its server - the failure period is about 45 minutes-1 hour.  I'm wondering what the RV320 is doing to cause this.  I have a workaround but want to get the RV320 working correctly.

My network configuration is a single subnet and I have existing DHCP, Active Directory/DNS servers that work fine - I replaced a Windows RRAS NAT server with the RV320.  The network worked fine until I put the RV320 in in place of RRAS and my workaround has been to double-nat for the Alexa device - Alexa->RRAS NAT->RV320 NAT- this works for some reason.

I had looked for any type of Time to Live options that might be closing ports Alexa leaves open (and unused) for hours at a time but couldn't find any - anyone suggest how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) could be the culprit (a Firewall setting), you might want to try and turn it off.

Also, obviously, make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest firmware...

I have found an oddity - some of my nodes are getting the wrong mac address associated with its IP address.  If the correct MAC is xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-7c, some nodes are getting xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-7e instead.  Is this a defective router.

It looks like case closed - I had created a network loop between the lan/dmz port and port 1 - sometimes caused the 7e address instead of 7c.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card