cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320 router changes to wrong DNS

dninov001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I really hope someone can help me with this one. We have a Cisco RV320 small business router. I configure the DHCP to set the DNS to 192.168.1.1 and it was working quite well for a month, but after this it started to change the DNS randomly to 192.168.1.10. We doesn't have any other routers in the network and I even left only one computer connected to it, just to see if this will happen again. Please if you have any suggestions I will be happy to know them.

2 Replies 2

Is the screenshot your current dns config? It's telling your dhcp clients to use 8.8.8.8 as their dns server. If you want the router to act as a dns server, you'll need to change static dns 1 to 192.168.1.1 as a starting point.

Regarding your dhcp clients picking up the dns server ip address 192.168.1.10 as opposed to .1, I'm not sure what to suggest as this looks to be a static value configured in your router so don't know why it would change. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hello and thank you so much for answering my question. I indeed changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 just to see if this problem will appear again and it does. Previously it was 192.168.1.1 and I changed it back again. Any suggestions from the community will be very appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card