Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch 9300 Stacking,

1)I have 4 Switch C9300-48T (Version 16.9.4) this all 4 switch in Stack .

2) I have another stacking of 2 Switch C9300-24UX(Version 16.9.4) 

I want to merge all 6 Switches . is it possible to connect all switch in Single stack? Please advice & procedure  i can follow step by step . Thanks

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://blog.router-switch.com/2017/11/how-many-catalyst-9300-models-can-i-stack-together/

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/c9300-add-new-switch-to-stack/td-p/4386257

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If they are already have same version and they can be stacable. ( you need downtime and shuffle stack cables and second stack required re-numbering)

1. Power down the second stack, re-number the device with priority

2. Rack the new switch in same cabinet

3. connect switch 5 and 6 with stack cable, switch 1 at a time.

how to connect cable and re-number refer below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/white-paper-c11-741468.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear balaji 

1) After Power down second stack .. shall i renumber switch 1 renumber 5 , switch 2 renumber 6.wr mem  then connect with first switch stack  then switch ON both switch one by one  ? .   I can see all switches have same priority 1.

this is enough ?

OR  before connecting switch 5 & switch 6  first need to renumber active switch priority from 1 to 15?. Please suggest . Thanks

1) After Power down second stack .. shall i renumber switch 1 renumber 5 , switch 2 renumber 6.wr mem then connect with first switch stack then switch ON both switch one by one ? . I can see all switches have same priority 1.

- that should work

- make sure your master and slave switch have high priority so other can not become master, since master and salve (best practice connected uplinks).

OR before connecting switch 5 & switch 6 first need to renumber active switch priority from 1 to 15?. Please suggest . Thank

- changing priorty always good idea and rebooting stack (will get this effects only, so take maintenance and do it?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@prakash.choudhari wrote:

I want to merge all 6 Switches . is it possible to connect all switch in Single stack? Please advice & procedure  i can follow step by step . Thanks

With 16.9.X, the maximum stack size is 8 switches in a stack.  

Most importantly, prepare the following: 

1. All switches must either be in Install Mode or Bundle Mode
  2. All switches must have the same license level 
  3. Power down the two additional switches before connecting the stacking cable
  4. Two additional switches must not have any config on them, including VLAN.dat file.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card