Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch Disables the Port when Its Switched off

mohan4
Level 1
Level 1

Switch Model -WS-C3850-12S-S

I am using a third party SFP port Connector device to connect the FO cable to switch . Problem is Whenever the Switch i powered off ,the Port gets disabled and i have to Enable it manually Every time . 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not all 3rd party SFPs work well with Cisco equipment. You may want to replace it with a Cisco SFP.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not all 3rd party SFPs work well with Cisco equipment. You may want to replace it with a Cisco SFP.

HTH

You must have an installed network module to use SFP and SFP+ modules (except for the Catalyst WS-C3850-12S and WS-C3850-24S). The downlink ports on the Catalyst WS-C3850-12S and WS-C3850-24S switch models support standard SFP modules, and the downlink ports on the Catalyst WS-C3850-12XS and WS-C3850-24XS switch models support standard SFP+ modules.

See the switch release notes on Cisco.com for the list of supported SFP and SFP+ modules. Use only supported SFP modules on the switch. For the latest information about supported SFP and SFP+ modules, refer to the Cisco Transceiver Modules Compatibility Information at http:/​/​www.cisco.com/​en/​US/​products/​hw/​modules/​ps5455/​products_​device_​support_​tables_​list.html

For information about installing, removing, cabling, and troubleshooting SFP modules, see the module documentation that shipped with your device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card