Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VLANs to SonicWALL Virtual Sub-Interfaces not working

Quandru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a setup which has worked fine in the past and I'm in one of those "wood for the trees" situations. I've been over the config fifty times at this point and can't find anything done incorrectly.

Firstly, the current setup in brief. SonicWALL firewall attached to a stack of six Cisco SG550X-24P switches. For the purposes of this explanation let's pretend there's just three VLANs;

• native left at 1 for the purposes of management only
  • Data on 10
  • Guest on 20

The SonicWALL is connected to the Cisco switch on port 1 of the Cisco, going to X0 on the SonicWALL. This is configured as a trunk port with a PVID of 10 on the Cisco, carrying the 20 VLAN tagged, so membership shows 10U, 20T. The SonicWALL is then configured with a physical interface with an IP on the 10 range, and a virtual sub-interface with a VLAN tag of 20.

Traffic on the VLAN 10 untagged port passes to the SonicWALL just fine, but nothing plugged into an access port on VLAN 20 can communicate with the SonicWALL X0:V20 virtual sub-interface despite it being plugged into a Cisco trunk port with tagged membership on 20. They get no DHCP from the configured range on V20, and if set statically they can't ping.

Can anyone contribute anything I might have missed?

Thanks in advance folks,

Q.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card