cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear spanning tree counters question

charlesamartin
Level 1
Level 1

I recently issued the "clear spanning-tree counters interface vlan <vlan id>" command on a 3750-X switch running IOS 12.2(55)SE3 and using PVST spanning tree mode.  Rather than just clearing statistics the switch immediately began reprocessing the spanning tree topology on all vlans.  Is it normal for a switch to re-process spanning tree when clearing counters or is there a bug or some other issue in my switch?  Has anyone else observed this type of behavior with spanning tree?

5 Replies 5

Were you clearing vlan 1?

Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I cleared vlan 403.

Hello

I am understanding that will initiate a renegotiation of vlan 403 stp neighbours

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Should it renogotiate just the vlan 403 neighbors?  What I experienced was a renogotiation of all vlans.

Thanks for the input.

Charles

hello
I assume it will as stp needs to converge

res
paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card