Views
Helpful
Replies

clearance required for 9200CX

mcmib
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Bro,

I am looking at the rack mount information about 9200CX, but could not find the clearance it may require to dissipate the heat from the switch. Does anybody share if the switches can be stacked tightly one on top of the other?

Much appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

9200CX is a fanless switch. So, you can mount/stack it however you want without worrying about heat disbursement.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/catalyst-9200cx-architecture-wp.html

HTH

pieterh
VIP
VIP

Cisco Catalyst 9200CX Compact Series Switches Hardware Installation Guide - Preparing for Installation [Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches] - Cisco

Installation Guidelines

When determining where to install the switch, verify that these guidelines are met:

• Clearance to the switch front and rear panel meets these conditions:

• Front-panel LEDs can be easily read.

• AC power cord reaches from the power outlet to the connector on the switch.

• Cabling is away from sources of electrical noise, such as radios, power lines, and fluorescent lighting fixtures. Make sure that the cabling is safely away from other devices that might damage the cables.

• Installation temperature should be measured within 1 inches from the sides of the switch. Airflow around the switch and through the vents is unrestricted. To avoid any airflow blockage, we recommend the following:

• Allow at least 3 inches (7.6 cm) of clearance around the switch.

this is repeated later in the document: 

Warning

To prevent airflow restriction, allow clearance around the ventilation openings to be at least: 3 in. (7.6 cm) Statement 1076

Thanks for your reply, I noticed this part too. But its vents are on both sides and I'd like to ask about the vertical distance. Because we want to put two 9200cx switches tightly one on top of the other, without leaving any gaps in between.

around the switch. in my opinion means all sides possible
if you look at the installation document you will see the ünder desk" mounting bracket alows for clearance above the switch 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card