Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI COMMAND

Toukaleh79
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team ,

I'm trying to exec the  below command in  router 2811 with Cisco packet tracer v6.0.1 to enable subnet zero but could not it so please advise me.

ip subnet-zero

thanks

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

most likely because its already enabled by default

run this command you will see all the full show run

show run all | i ip

As of Cisco IOS Software Release 12.0, Cisco routers now have ip subnet-zero enabled by default, but if the network engineer feels that it is unsafe to use subnet zero, the no ip subnet-zero command can be used to restrict the use of subnet zero addresses.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/dynamic-address-allocation-resolution/13711-40.html

Hi

accepted the ip (60.0.0.1 255.192.0.0) but its not accepting this ip (172.16.10.0/24) for vlan management . it gives bad mask error.

I can not exec this  "show run all |i ip " My Tracer put remark on word all.

Hi

The 172 address is a subnet if your trying to put that under a vlan interface it can't end in 0 needs to be between 1-254 like 172.16.10.1 or 172.16.10.254 as example

Can you post.... show run ?

this will show what options you have  it's diff between versions/platforms sometimes

Hi Team

I can not exec the below 3 commands in the router 2911  in C.P.Tracer v.6.01

test(config)#cdp timer 90
                          ^
 % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

test(config)#cdp holdtime 60
                           ^

test#terminal no editing
                      ^

please help me for this issue.

Regards.

Not all commands are available on simulators like packet tracer compared to real routers , the software versions your running on PK may not support them either

As Mark already said, it is enabled by default.

You don't see it in the running config, you would only see it if it is disabled. It is enabled in Packet Tracer. Try and add the following IP address to an interface:

60.0.0.1 255.192.0.0

With ip subnet-zero disabled, this would generate a bad mask error. However, the address is accepted in Packet Tracer.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card