cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command deprecated (authentication host-mode multi-domain )

eperezb
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently configuring wired network authentication, but I encountered an error in one of my Switch. Do you know if it is possible to eliminate this error?

Version 15.2(4)E8

%Command deprecated (authentication host-mode multi-domain ) - use access-session instead

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yea, I understand that. Cisco is telling you they are in the process of removing that command and suggest using another command.

Likely the only ways to "eliminate" the error is to stop using that command or downgrading your IOS to a version that doesn't complain.

Eventually, in newer versions of IOS, that command will no longer be accept at all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Have you tried using the newer command, instead?

How? what is the newest command,
I currently use
(config-if)#authentication host-mode multi-domain
%Command deprecated (authentication host-mode multi-domain ) - use access-session instead

Yea, I understand that. Cisco is telling you they are in the process of removing that command and suggest using another command.

Likely the only ways to "eliminate" the error is to stop using that command or downgrading your IOS to a version that doesn't complain.

Eventually, in newer versions of IOS, that command will no longer be accept at all.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card