Views
Helpful
Replies

config register on 4507R

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

Need to confirm on 4507 R switch should i set config reg to 0x2102  or 0x2101?

Thanks

MAhesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

0x2101 may work fine for now because that switch only has one IOS image on it. 0x2101 boots into bootstrap and loads the first system image (even if another is cofigured with the boot system command). You will be best served to switch that to 0x2102 to avoid future issues.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

**Please remember to rate helpful posts as well as mark the question as 'answered' once your issue is resolved. This will help others to find your solution faster.

Kind Regards, Kevin Sheahan, CCIE # 41349

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kevin P Sheahan
Level 5
Level 5

If you are looking for normal boot operation (boot from IOS image on flash), then you should use 0x2102. 0x2101 will not boot from flash.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

**Please remember to rate helpful posts as well as mark the question as 'answered' once your issue is resolved. This will help others to find your solution faster.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reply.

But we have 2 switches 1 set to 02102 and other on 2101 both have this statement

boot system flash bootflash:ios and both are working.

I was curious which one i should use?

Thanks

MAhesh

0x2101 may work fine for now because that switch only has one IOS image on it. 0x2101 boots into bootstrap and loads the first system image (even if another is cofigured with the boot system command). You will be best served to switch that to 0x2102 to avoid future issues.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks as i have only 1 ios image i will go with 0x2102 .

Thanks

Mahesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card