cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of new subnet causes issue

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

I have a route that was working on my external router.  On router I had address of 198.215.4.0/26.  On this subnet I had several servers that connected to user devices to push updates.  Well I virtualized the servers and made the subnet smaller (198.215.4.0/28).  Now the SCCM manager cannot reach any user devices.  Since this is on the LAN but in one building (two Floors).  Stumped by the problem.  Here is copy of FW and Core Switch configuration.  Can ping and trace route to all devices just cannot connect from SCCM server (198.215.4.3 (Old) and .4(New)) to devices.  I have all ports opened within FW.  Could it be that I have a route configured wrong?  Users are on vlan 12, all other servers on vlan 11 and the SCCM is on vlan 17.  I have four Port channels interfaces for the three LanStacks of 3850 switches and a Border SW.  They are interface po40/41/42/42,  

2 Replies 2

Hello,

post the full running configurations of the devices involved. It is unclear from your post what 'devices' cannot be reached: from 198.215.4.3, you cannot reach which IP addresses ?

Found the problem to the issue.  the Local firewall which I control has all the right ports open.  The firewall downstream had a few of the port for communication closed off.  Yet the tech did not realize the closure.  Too many line in the Juniper firewall to really see what it is blocking.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card