cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure 350 aironet pc card with netgear MR814 v.3 router

drjackson27
Level 1
Level 1

1- i am connected to my ISP via cisco 350 aironet card recieving RF feed to antenna linked by coax cable to the card.

2- i am trying to configure the system through netgear MR814 v.3 wirelss ethernet router to share this internet connection with 2 other computers using usb 802.11b adapters.

3- the router is connected to the main computer using the mainboard (dell/intel) ethernet port.

4- i spent an hour on the phone with netgear support and they were unable to resolve the problem. the tech advised that i need to resolve via cisco resources. tech from local(la ceiba honduras) ISP spent near 2 hours on site and was unable to resolve.

5- i am able to ping the router from the satellite computer, but cannot ping the satellite from the main computer.

6- i have been through the windows networking wizard *many* times.

7- my computer skill level is intermediate; my networking skills obviously at square #1

8- OS is xp w/sp2

any insites to my problem here would be most appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

just to clarify your physical setup:

Satellite1-------|

Netgear Router--|Main---->Internet

Satellite2-------|

Is this correct ?

Regards,

GP

Greetings GP-

many thanks for your timely reply.

my physical set up is:

1-main computer with internet connection through cisco 350 aironet card.

2-netgear wireless ethernet router connected to main computer via ethernet cable coming from mainboard.

3-Satellite computer communicating with the router via usb network adapter.

Best regards,

DrJ

Hello,

can you post the results of a traceroute from your main computer to one of your satellite computers ? As well as the IP addresses (internal and external) of your main computer ?

Is there a way to connect your satellite computers directly to your internet connection, for testing purposes ? I tend to think that the problem is with your Netgear router.

Can you briefly say what has already been checked (with the Netgear support and the onsite engineer) ? This just to avoid going over those same things again.

Regards,

GP

Hello GP-

I surely do appreciate your attention to my problem.

We are having problems with electric power for the city here and my ISP has been off and on all day(part of life here in the 3rd world). i will try to be give you the requested information this evening if possible.

what i can tell you right now is that i have been unable to send data downstream, i.e. from the main computer to a satellite.

will get back with more for you to work with ASAP.

Many thanks and best regards,

DrJ

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card