Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring a redundant links on Cisco switch for wifi

nassernasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Any help will be appreciated. See the attached diagram (sorry only have windows paint), the network is 172.16.1.0/24. I have three cisco 3500 series switches (at the top) and 2 x 2960 switch (bottom). the 3500 series switches are attached to access point also connected to the switches is the wireless controller (not shown). The management VLAN for all switches is on VLAN 3 (switch IP)

The vlans carried are Vlan 3- 5. I'm trying to setup a redundant links as shown, all switches are configured with VTP being Transparent.

I'm not sure what configuration is required, l know trunk ports are needed to carry VLANs,, will l need STP? vrrp? Don't have a router only internet facing before ASA firewall. The ASA firewall are setup in active passive mode. Can some be kind to let me know what configuration is required on the switches (with command)?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Are the 3500 switches doing intervlan routing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card