Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring ip top-talkers from Cisco 3750X

eeebbunee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Engineers & Professionals,

I was wondering that my device can be configured or not, regarding 'ip flow top-talkers'.

My device is Cisco 3750X, with a network module C3KX-NM-1G.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Q1. Am I allow to configure ip flow top-talkers?

No -> I need to have a module 10G.

Q2. If I setup the 10G module on 3750X switch, then is it possible to configure ip flow top-talkers in LAN module port?

Or the top-talkers configuration can be made only for fiber ports? (Network module ports)

Q3. Is there any solution that I can configure top-talkers with current device and module?

Please answer me, please.

3 Replies 3

Hi

Interface bandwidth requirements is necessary if we´re talking about a very larger amount of traffic, othewise, it is not a problem.

According  to Cisco docs, Those are de prerequisites and restriction.  If your 3750 is Layer 2 only, it will be a problem.

Prerequisites for Configuring NetFlow Top Talkers

Before you enable NetFlow and NetFlow Top Talkers, you must:

Configure the router for IP routing
Ensure that one of the following is enabled on your router, and on the interfaces that you want to configure NetFlow on: Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF), distributed CEF, or fast switching
Understand the resources required on your router because NetFlow consumes additional memory and CPU resources.

Restrictions for Configuring NetFlow Top Talkers
Cisco IOS Releases 12.2(14)S, 12.0(22)S, or 12.2(15)T

If your router is running a version of Cisco IOS prior to releases 12.2(14)S, 12.0(22)S, or 12.2(15)T the ip route-cache flow command is used to enable NetFlow on an interface.

If your router is running Cisco IOS release 12.2(14)S, 12.0(22)S, 12.2(15)T, or later the ip flow ingress command is used to enable NetFlow on an interface.
Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SXH

Some of the keywords and arguments for the commands used to configure the NetFlow MIB and Top Talkers feature are not supported in 12.2(33)SXH. See the syntax descriptions for the commands in the command reference (U

Thank you for your kind reply,

The device 3750X has been configured 'ip routing' & ip cef distributed.

IOS software is 15.0(2)SE10a, boot loader ver#12.2(58r)SE1 and ip services for license.

I believe my device software is eligible to configure.

I was trying to manual setup following Cisco documents,

1.PNG2.PNG

but what I've got is 

%cache is empty

Is this because I went wrong or device is not supported..?

I dont think so.   You device looks ok, as per your information.

Can you show the entire logs ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card