cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confirmation of Jumbo Frame support

HCL Support
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly confirm jumbo frames are supported on below mention routers(Hardware/IOS).

Model No                                Interface                            IOS
CISCO3945                    FastEthernet0/0/0            Version 15.1(4)M2
CISCO3945                    GigabitEthernet0/0           Version 15.1(4)M2
CISCO1905                    GigabitEthernet0/0           Version 15.1(4)M4
CISCO1905                    GigabitEthernet0/1           Version 15.1(4)M4

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jumbo frames are only support on Gigabit interfaces.  So that is a no to the first line.

I don't know for sure, but it is my expectation that the others would support Jumbo frames.  People normally enable Jumbo frames for performance reasons - so I don't know if there is much point on a 1905 ...

Note that the performance benefits of using Jumbo frames is greatly related to latency.  If you have very low latency (like less than 5ms) there is almost no gain.  While with high latency, like 100ms, the performance gain can be quite large for some applications.

Also note that the 3945 (and to some extent the 1905) have both been replaced by the 4000 series of routers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html

Hello,

here is a spreadsheet with the output for Jumbo Frame Support in IOS 15.1(4)M2. M4 is not listed. M3 and M5 are.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card