cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect server NIC teamed with Dynamic Link Agregation on two SG300-28P "lagged" with Dynamic Link Agregation

mrolemos02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a server with two NICs teamed with Dynamic Link Aggregation or Static Link Aggregation, connected to two different SG300 switches with a two ports LAG, to achieving load balancing and redundancy.

To best understand, see attached network diagram.

CiscoSG300.jpg

If so, how can I do it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Certainly, though that is not exactly the same configuration. You would have two switches stacked and acting as a single device. You would essentialy be configuring a port channel on a single switch at that point.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

The SG300 is not capable of this configuration. In order to do something like this you would need a Nexus product with VPC.

Thank you Gregory for the quick response.

Can I do it with two SG500X in stack mode, one server teamed nic in each stack?

Regards.

Certainly, though that is not exactly the same configuration. You would have two switches stacked and acting as a single device. You would essentialy be configuring a port channel on a single switch at that point.

Thank's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card