Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! VTP Pruning test

Hi Everyone,I was testing the VTP Pruning on cisco switches.Switch A is VTP server mode and is connected to Switch B  ---B  is client.Switch A is connected to Switch C. ---C is Client mode.I configured layer 3 interface vlan 2 on Switch A.All other s...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the following simple OSPF network:R1, R2 and R3 are all connected to the switch on interface fa0/0. R1 has ospf priority 5, R3 has ospf priority 3 and R2 has the default of 1.If I connect the routers up in the correct order they become the DR,...

Hi everybody.I am trying to understand " time stamp" in NTP packets. I set up this lab in which R2 is the master and R1 is the client.Then I capture the ntp packets between R1 and R2.R1------199.199.199.199.0------R2R1--199.199.199.1R2--199.199.199.2...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm reading through my OSPF network types... and I am having trouble understand the reasoning beind each of the network types:broadcastnonbroadcastpoint-multipoint point-to-multipoint nonbroadcastMy understanding is that on a multipoint frame relay n...

Hey guys, New to CCNP Switch!I'm just looking into a layer 3 switch config and I have some questions. If I configure a layer 3 switch with say 3 or 4 vlans then then switch will be able to route between the vlans itself right?So if I have this set u...

Hello I`ve been doing some labs using Boson NETSIM.I`m studying for a ccna exam and I have a problem with vlans using several switches.There is a scenario:Router on a stick with one Switch [SW1] + 3 switches connected to that main switch + 3 VLANS.Yo...

I have the following network:All routers are configured in EIGRP AS 1 and the network 172.16.0.0 command (and the network 10.0.0.0 command for R1 and R4). All except for Router 1 have been configured with no auto. Router 1 has been left as the defaul...

Hi everybody.  reference clock---NTP-s1(time zone: UTC+4)---------------------ntp serv-2( time zone :UTC +6)---------switchs1----ntp server at stratum 1 located in time zone: utc+4s2----ntp server at stratum 2 located in time zone:  utc+6Do we need t...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I have a network topology which you can see on image. All routers are Cisco 3745 with IOS (C3745-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(12). SW1 is L3-switch Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560E-24TD  with IOS  (C3560E-UNIVERSALK9-M 12.2(58)SE2).        Configurati...

Experts can you please help with the following I can  see drops on one of our busy L3 vlan in the input queue and are going up very frequentlySystem image file is "sup-bootflash:s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD3.binHardware  =  6509 Input queue: 9/75/198/0 (...

Hi,We have  two catalyst 6506 switches  with 10 gb u plinks  and around 120 edge switches cat 3750-x switches. Still the module on the  core wheere servers are connected  is 1000mbps port.Now if we induct a nexus switch to the data...

prakavi by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having the hardest time locating screws for a Cisco 2950. I have the rack mount brackets just not the screws (lost in moving) anyone know where I can just purchase the screws or the sizes to get?