cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting UCS mini Fabric Interconnect 6324 to a LAN

paddingtonpd
Level 1
Level 1

I am deploying a UCS 5108 Chassis with a Blade server to my network and am struggling to have the fibre connection from the FI 6324 to  Fibre ports of a Cisco  WS-C3560X-24P Switch. I have configured the ports to be trunks but the Link is down with line protocol being down and the Physical link being down.    I am using  SFP-10G-SR on the Fibre connector and a multimode fibre to the switch where it connects to an SFP type GLC_SX-MMD .

On the link https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-6300-series-fabric-interconnects/6324-spec-sheet.pdf I see page 10 seems to suggest the FI can only connect to a Nexus switch?

What else is needed for the link to work?

1 Reply 1

allan.mancera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Paddingtonpd

One of the things I can observe in your description is that you are connecting a 10Gb SFP (SFP-10G-SR) to a 1Gb SFP (GLC_SX-MMD). These SFPs don't negotiate speeds and the 10Gb doesn't step down to 1Gb.

Hope this information is useful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card