Helpful
Replies

copy sh run from one nexus to another

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all,

I have 2 nexus 7000 and about 11 fex switches,

Each fex is connect to each 7000 via port channel consisting of two fibres cables, so one fex has got one Port channel going to Nexus one and also going to nexus two

There both labeled on both nexus's as the same port Chanel, IE po blah...

Thing is Nexus one has only got the configs for them all, is there a way to grab the configs and save it to nexus 2 as well, I thought of a sh run to grab the config

Thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can easily copy the running config of a nexus to an external repository with scp, then import it on another from the same repository , -> meaning , edit it first on the repository and import only what is relevant for the targeted nexus.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

so on the nexus that hasnt got the relevant po configs, copy its running config via tftp, then edit it, copy JUST the po config into it (from the other nexus that has got the po) and then copy its new running config back, will this work

No, follow my first reply only.M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card