cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CR3845 Internal switch trying to configure 2 ports on same subnet

gene.uhl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,  Tried to give a genreral idea in the subject, but here is more detail.  Have our public IP address space masked on /24 at our Internet Router.  The router portion of 3845 connects to Internet, while the internal switch connects to my internal network and seeds it with the public address space.  The switch had a port configured no switchport (L3) with an ip address with /24  (ie 67.63.145.1 /24)  this connects to internal IPS/IDS then to Firewall which NATs to internal, then packet shaper, web filter etc etc etc.  I need to test my ISP speed so I need to "break in" to the link between the switch and the IPS/IDS.  I figured I could configure another port on the switch on the 3845 but my problem is the port to my network is routed and is masked on entire /24.  I tried to configure a port on VLAN 1 and give myself an available address in the L3 address space and this did not work (figured it would not but gave it a try) 

Anyone know of a way to get two ports configured to use the same subnet while one is a L3 routed port and the other is just part of that layer 3 routed network??

I hope I explained this OK.

Thanks

Gene

1 Reply 1

kihun kim
Level 1
Level 1

HI. gene,uhl

I can't write English well

reference Config

bridge irb

int gi0/0