Views
Helpful
Replies

Crypto key w/ Archive

Patrick McHenry
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It seems when I manually do a write mem, the crypto key is sent to the SCP server. When the archive is activated automatically with the time-period config, the switch doesn't send the crypto key. Is this by design?

Thank you, Pat

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think this is due to hidekeys command configured under archive.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Alain,

This version doesn't seem to have a hidekeys option. Even so, if the device is hiding the keys by default, wouldn't it also hide the keys when I saved the config manually by doing a write mem. I have the archive triggering when someone does a write mem or time-period of 1440.

Regardless - the key isn't something you should be importing into a config anyway, correct? I mean if a switch fails you wouldn't paste that portion of the config into the new switch, right?

I have another question about archive. One of the swicthes, a 2960, is configured the same way, with the switch archiving the config when someone does a write mem or time-period of 1440. When I save the config manually with a write mem the whole config is saved. If the time-period triggers the save it only sends a very small portion of the config. Only a few lines are sent to the SCP server. Have you heard of this - maybe a bug?

Thanks, Pat.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card