Helpful
Replies

CSCun41022

loveandrew821
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am facing error messages below

%SFF8472-3-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Gi0/3: Voltage low alarm; Operating value: 0.26 V, Threshold value: 3.00 V.

in one of our ME-3800X-24FS-M with IOS image 15.3(3)S2 and the transceiver is GLC-SX-MMD.

I replaced the switch at the first time and replaced the transceivers but the issue was not resolved.

eventually, I found a DDTS/BUG 'CSCun41022'.

can you please conform if I am hitting the BUG and when the BUG first updated?

(The last modified date is 2016.01.20 but what is the first date the BUG updated?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

how did you find out that the log is due to the BUG.

We found out about the bug when we read the Release Notes of 15.4(3)S3.  We upgraded all our switches which exhibited the alarm after which only two switches still exhibiting the same alarms after the upgrade which we deemed to be "reasonable" and replaced the SFP.  

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is a cosmetic error message that appears in many Cisco switches and routers and does not cause any harm.

HTH

Hi

I understand that the issue is not a major but I still need to know the information of the BUG.

I want to know when the BUG first updated on CISCO website.

any idea how to verify the first updated date would be appreciate.

Hi,

I have seen this message for at least the last 3 years now.  I would think by now Cisco would fix the problem, but it does not appear so as we see more and more of the same message from different people.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've seen this Bug ID before and this was the main reason why we upgraded to 15.4(3)S4.  

Hi,

have you resolved the log issue after IOS upgrade?

We found out about the bug when we read the Release Notes of 15.4(3)S3.  We upgraded all our switches which exhibited the alarm after which only two switches still exhibiting the same alarms after the upgrade which we deemed to be "reasonable" and replaced the SFP.  

so the IOS upgrate helped to resolve it after all, and just two switches needed to be replaced in you case.

Ok that helps me a lot.

and just two switches needed to be replaced in you case.

The SFPs installed in the switches needed to be replaced.  The switches were fine.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card