a. this is not supported design - ports on FEX are called HIF - means HOST INTERFACE PORT - used for conencting the hosts
b. by default ports on fex towards 3750 will be blocked by bpduguard
c. all traffic fomr FEX will be sent to n5k - and traffic from 3750 will drain port resources on N5K
2. I'm not sure what is BC so cannot give any comments on it.
3. according to the diagram looks like you're going to install n5k in big distance one from each other - please be aware that if you are going to connect each FEX to both N5K - all traffic from FEX will be loadbalanced between both N5K and if one nexus will be far away - this will introduce some undesired delay. Also FCoE adds distance limit for FEX to N5K connection - 300m
4. If each FEX will be connected to both N5K - configuration should be same on both N5K for each single fex.
And portchannel connecting N5K to FEX has to be a VPC port-channel
5. Routing is not supported between N5K and the device connected by VPC to N5K
Inviting all network professionals in operations! We'd like to understand what would be valuable for you in a mobile application. Your response will help Cisco improve a product feature that could benefit you. Thanks!
Click here to take the sur...
Cisco’s software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) solution allows user to quickly and seamlessly establish an overlay fabric to connect an enterprise’s data centers, branch and campus locations, as well as colocation facilities in order to imp...
1. Log into CLI of DNAC:
ssh maglev@< DNAC appliance IP> -p 2222
2. Run this curl command to get token to get member id:
curl -X POST -u admin:<admin user password> -H -V https://<CLUSTER-IP>/api/system/v1/identitymgmt/token
Enterprise Switching Business Unit is glad to announce Beta release 16.12.2 for all Catalyst 9200/9300/9400/9500/9600 and Catalyst 3650/3850 Platforms. This release is made available to allow users to test, evaluate and share fee...
Purpose of the document
This document describes the general recommendations or best practices when designing and deploying the Cisco SD-Access technology. The document assumes that the reader has a general overview of Cisco's SD-Access for Distributed C...