Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have restricted access to users using TCP/IP using cisco 1841 router in my organization.I need to permit some sites for users which are part of work..The issue here is I cannot ping to the site but able to browse to that site when having internet a...

Hi Everyone, I am a cisco newbie and would like to seek some professional advice on setting up intervlan routing on my cisco 3750x. I recently purchase this switch and has setup vlan 2 under subnet 192.168.2.0/24, and has enable ip routing so that it...

jaydenle by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone share some useful links on how this works and how to configure it?  Do you still need to configure FHRP or does configuring redundancy take care of active/standby relationship between the ASR's?                  

I am new to the ASA-5505 router.Saw this SMTP-SERVER but I can not find any documentation on this.I am looking to send email from the ASA-5505 for alerts Can any one give me an example of what I need.Alerts what to setup and how do I defin...

If 3 Routers are attached to the same OSPF Area and configured with the commands below (respectively), which router would become the Designated Router? Router1 configured with:router(config-if)#ip ospf priority 3 Router2 configured with:router(config...

network489 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

OK, I'm no expert at this.  I used to run a PIX firewall years ago and never had any trouble with NAT.I have a fresh SR520 that I only did two things to it using CCA 3.2(1):1.  Assign the address of FA4 to be 1.23.456.90 with a mask of 255.255.255.25...

Hey, I couldn't find anywhere online that would give me the full feature set for IP Base with the 3750x.I just wanted to verify that I could create a routed port, turn ip routing on, and create static routes as wellas a default route. From what I can...

Hi, i have two Cisco SB 300 and one Cisco AP541N Wireless Access Point.I will be using the two switches in to places with fiber between them. The AP541N will be using as AP for intranet/internet ang guest to internet. To use it for guest i need to us...

I work at a datacenter where we run many applications and many backups.  There is no music/video streaming but there are so many applications I'm sure one of them is using multicast.  How can I tell if I need to enable IGMP snooping?  Would there be ...

jefbowli by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

my 4500 core always in 60 % cpu utility , and when i run #sh proc cpu sorted i find that 55  29725041543795572214          0 39.43% 41.40% 41.39%   0 Cat4k Mgmt LoPriwhich mean that this process is the top one , and when i run #sh platform health i ...

Resolved! Block Mac address

Hi,I am using cisco 1841 LAN router, I need to block MAC address i have applied the command access-list 1102 deny 0000.0000.0000.0000 mac address..... but it does not work Can anyone suggest...Thanks,Jeevan.