cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete Old files from sdflash on Cisco IE series

snowbars
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how to delete old files from sdflash. This is the situation.
I have Cisco IE-4010, version was installed earlier IOS 152-7, I installed the new version 152-8 using the command:
#archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://__my_tftp__/ie4010-universalk9-tar.152-8.E1.tar

The version installed correctly, the old files of version 152-7 were deleted, but even earlier there was version 152-6, and all of their lines remained in sdflash (1900 lines of old + my new 1900 lines). What command can I clean sdflash?
Tried 2 commands, none of them work:
1. request platform software package clean
2. install remove inactive

Is there anything else?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
delete /f /r sdflash:filename.ext

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@snowbars 

You probably might want to look at crash files, and other files left behind that usually consume space (large). Removing old logs, config snapshots might be something to consider as well.

You should be able to find those files/folders using dir flash: and check every item individually and remove it carefully.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
delete /f /r sdflash:filename.ext

Thanks, it works. But there is one more question. The command has removed the old lines with their numbers, but the visible numbering continues. those. starts from 2000 to 3900, but there are no first 2000 numbers. Is it possible to recalculate the numbering so that the lines start from 1 again? This is not important, but I would like to do it nicely

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card