Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I would like to implement VSS between two switches module (WS-C4510R+E). the issue is I cannot find the right command, when I type question mark in enable mode there is no switch word in the list. there are only (send, session, set, show, soft...

alameerb by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I have a question for vPC of paramater. It is vPC card type. What does this mean? I can configure to change it or it's related with hardware and not change? Thank you for your support.#show vpc consistency-parameters vpc 25vPC card type  ...

Hi folks,I have spent the last couple of days trawling SL documentation but have failed to find the instructions to do this.All but two of our 9300 switches worked with Smart Licensing Compliance via DNA Center. The two that failed said:Provisioning ...

andy-uos by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have topology as attached picture, and want to know why R3 cannot detect CDP R4?========================================R3 can detect CDP R1 but not detect CDP R4R2 can detect CDP R1 and also CDP R4========================================

hs08 by Spotlight
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Day, I have searched for install / upgrade steps and found many, all different and some vague. Found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX006rPu4pA Not sure but this looks like a safe bet? Any feedback will be appreciated Regards        

Heinz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello community, I had an issue on a customer site with a ring topology using REP where one port was in Fail state.Physically (layer2) the port was fine.But when I looked at REP status for that switch in Fail, the link is ok in Two Way state but the ...

REP Seg 1 Port Fail State.png REP Seg 1 Port Fail - No Current Key present.png
LaurentRA by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am considering 9300-48P 16.12.02 to 17.6.5 upgrade and 9300-24T 16.12.4 to 17.6.5. Is it possible to upgrade directly? I couldn't find these on realse note.  Thank you.

dsj030303 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I have VLANs configured on a Cisco core switch. Where the default gateway of this Coreswitch is Firewall 1. Lately, Firewall 2 was installed where I need one of the VLANs traffic to go outside Firewall 2.Will the following configuration work...

AhmadZ by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi, I have an issue in Cisco C2960x where I have found that all the stack members are MASTER after power interruption. The switches are working fine but I can't remote SSH to the stack. Whenever I try to remote I get "Connection was reset" error. I d...

After upgrading the rommon and ios on a part of VSS (2x6800-X-LE), one of the module in a 6800-X-LE is showing as PwrDwn in the module status.  sh module switch 1=========Switch Number: 1 Role: Virtual Switch Standby---------------------- -----------...

Short history first.  Inherited this mess.  Have a vlan that had PC's and PLC's that used two seperate IP address ranges (call them 10. and 192.).  To implement new firewall rules they were split up into two respective vlans.  The downside is there i...

Ruhtra by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The switch is a Cisco IE-3300-8T2S on Version 17.03.04. I do not see a bug on Cisco's bug search tool, nor do I see an RSPAN fix on later FW versions. When I add the remote vlan to the trunk (which only holds 4 other vlans) I lose the 3300's MGMT IP ...