Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination Host Unreachable when trying to ping different computers

Hi there, I'm a university student and I'm trying to get a head start on Cisco so I'm not too big on it yet. When I try to ping PC0 and PC1 they work just fine, however when I try to ping PC2 or PC3 with PC0 or PC1, I get the destination host unreachable error. I've tried to fix it, been at it multiple days, yet I can't seem to find the issue. Can anyone point me in the right directions please? Thanks.

The .pkt file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jG1dGVp6x9AQbBT7hwch2WsHSIAD8gBD/view?usp=share_link

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

See attached a working file. What you need to do on this case, is use some kind of routing protocol in order to route packets from one side to the other. For simplicity I used RIP version 2. RIP is very simple to configure as can see on each router.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

See attached a working file. What you need to do on this case, is use some kind of routing protocol in order to route packets from one side to the other. For simplicity I used RIP version 2. RIP is very simple to configure as can see on each router.

youshaksnitedu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, its a large network for troubleshooting?? You said that pinging PC0 and PC1 is working just fine. What device you are using to ping them?? To address your problem, that is PC2 and PC3 is unreachable when pinging from PC0 and PC1, i would start to investigate by start pinging the device which is very closed to PC0 and PC1. If, by doing so, i get a reply, then move to the very next device until i get a ping fail (stop here an investigate why it fail). As i can see in your diagram, there are different routes that packets can use to reach PC2 and PC3. Try to find out which route they are using (based on the routing protocols used).  I don't have packet tracer to play with your network. Base on my experience maybe the problem came from a routing protocol or a miss configuration of ip address.

Thanks for the solutions, RIP version 2 seemed to be just what I was missing. Pings fine now. Thanks!

It sounds like there may be an issue with the network configuration for PC2 and PC3. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check the IP addresses for all devices: Make sure that PC2 and PC3 have valid IP addresses that are on the same network as PC0 and PC1. Also, make sure that the subnet mask is set correctly for all devices.

2. Check the default gateway: Make sure that the default gateway is set correctly on all devices. The default gateway should be the IP address of the router.

3. Check the network cables: Make sure that the network cables are plugged in correctly and are working properly. You can try swapping out the cables or using a zombie catchers 2 mod apk cable tester to check for any issues.

4. Check the router configuration: Make sure that the router is configured correctly and is functioning properly. You can try resetting the router to its default settings and reconfiguring it.

Hello! It sounds like you're having some issues with your network setup. Here are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the IP addresses of PC2 and PC3: Make sure that PC2 and PC3 have IP addresses that are on the same network as PC0 and PC1. If they are on different networks, they will not be able to communicate with each other.

2. Check the subnet masks of PC2 and PC3: Make sure chatsonic that the subnet masks, of PC2 and PC3 are the same as PC0 and PC1. If they are not, they will not be able to communicate with each other.

3. Check the default gateway settings: Make sure that the default gateway settings are correct on all PCs. If the default gateway is set incorrectly, the PCs will not be able to communicate with each other.

4. Check the network topology: Check if there are any network devices (such as switches, routers or firewalls) between PC0 and PC1 and PC2 and PC3. If there are, check their configuration to ensure that they are properly configured to allow traffic to flow between the two networks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card