Views
Helpful
Replies

Determine Cisco EOL, age and functionality

drenrizaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

My question is, when you see a description as "Cisco WS-C4948-S 48-Port" how do you determine what (example) WS-Cxxxx-S means exactly?

And is their a Cisco section where you would be able to see how old this product is and if its EOL with no more security updates comming its way.

I find it rather confusing when i see a Cisco description with a row of fancy numbers + letters for what they actually mean for the devices functionality.

Hoping someone can guide me a bit.

Thanks on advance

Kind regards

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You often find that on one of the datasheets as a part number.  See table 8 in http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-4900-series-switches/product_data_sheet0900aecd8017a72e.html.

Believe the "-S" suffix is for standard features (i.e. not licensed for all the advanced L3 stuff).

EoL information can be found with the product information, e.g. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-4900-series-switches/eol_C51-712223.html.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Their is a typo in your Liability Disclaimer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: