Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP not forwarding DHCP requests

zgeorgios
Level 1
Level 1

I've created 2 VLAN's (200,400) for data and voice on 2 independent switches

The data switch is connected to the X0 port on the firewall and a Windows DHCP server where all users receive IPs.

The voice switch is connected to the X3 port on the firewall and all phones receive DHCP through the firewall.

When I try to uplink to a switch (LAG from each switch data and voice) I receive DHCP only from data and not from voice

Am I doing something wrong?

21 Replies 21

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
When I try to uplink to a switch (LAG from each switch data and voice) I receive DHCP only from data and not from voice

this part is not clear to us, you already connected each switch to FW, how you connecting another switch as mentioned above.

Do you have any small rough diagram of how you connected?

other checks :

check VLAN allowed in the trunk

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

do all Vlans actually exist on the uplinked switch (sh vlan) ? You might have to create them manually...

I created a LAG from each switch on the uplinked switch. When I connect to a V200 port I get DHCP, if I connect at the same time to V400 I don't get any DHCP

If I disconnect V200 LAG I can get DHCP from V400

zgeorgios
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balaji, 

Hope the diagram will shed some light

If I am reading your diagram correctly, the SG550 in the small office connects to the other 2 SG-550 switches. If that is the case, you need to have vlan 200 and 400 on the LAG connection and as well as the other 2 SG-550 switches connecting to the firewall. So, basically, you need to have trunk ports between all switches with vlan 200 and 400 in them.

HTH 

Hello,

the LAG seems to be connected to multiple switches ? Not sure that will work. Remove the LAG altogether and configure the links between the switches as trunks.

I tried that as well. Connected trunk tagged ports instead of LAG and still the same.

You also need to make the connections from the 2 SG-550 switches that connect to the firewall trunk ports as well.

HTH

Yes they are trunk ports since the firewall X0-V200 its a virtual interface

Also, the 2 SG-550 switches that connect to the firewall are stacked, right? If not you can not LAG a switch to 2 other separate switches.

HTH

No, they are not stacked together, they are independent.

Hello,

configure the trunks so that only Vlan 200 is allowed on the trunk on the left, and Vlan 400 on the trunk on the right.

Dear Georg,

The left switch has only V200, same as the right switch that has only V400, and each switch connect to V200 and V400 tagged ports on the uplink switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card