cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dhcp not working

joal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem. I cant get a dhcp address on PC-B. When I write "interface Vlan30" "ip address dhcp" "no shutdown".(on both switches) Then do a "show run" instead of "ip address dhcp" it stands "no ip address" on both switches. And I don't understand why this happens. This happens in PT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the problem is that Vlan 20 does not exist on S1 (the left switch). I manually created the Vlan, PC-B now gets an IP address. Working file attached (I used PT version 8.0). If you cannot open the file, go to S1and configure this:

S1#conf t

S1(config)#vlan 20

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

How do i do that?

Does it work?

Hello,

I have the file. I am checking...

Hello,

the problem is that Vlan 20 does not exist on S1 (the left switch). I manually created the Vlan, PC-B now gets an IP address. Working file attached (I used PT version 8.0). If you cannot open the file, go to S1and configure this:

S1#conf t

S1(config)#vlan 20

Thank you so much!!! But another question, if you only have one router(loopback),2 switches and 2 PC:s. How do you write the iphelper and IP route on the Router? like what address do you use?

Hello,

you mean if you leave the right router out ? The IP helper address always goes on the first layer 3 interface in the path between the client and the DHCP server. The actual address is that of the next reachable layer 3 IP address.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card