Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference Between Models

caioamonteiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know the difference between Catalyst 2960 and 2960 Compact Series. We are upgrading our network, but I have places with just a few PoE equipments, and I don't want to buy a 24 ports switch for those places, and the Compact Series seems to be the best choice, but I don't know if some features of 2960 are still available in Compact Series.      

Thanks everyone,

Regards,

Caio.           

3 Replies 3

Sergey Fer
Level 1
Level 1

Compact series are not 2960-based, but 2960S-based. As Cisco says, they have all features available in 2960S. I didn't check it feature by feature but I trust Cisco

I trust Cisco too. It seems that S Series is better than "normal" 2960, am I right? It has PoE+, stack, etc.

Knowing all the series have LAN Base Software, I can presume that all have the same config options (e.g QoS, VLANs), right?

See, I'm taking out my Express and Small Business series, and I don't want to trade 'em for something equal.

It seems that S Series is better than "normal" 2960, am I right? It has PoE+, stack, etc.

Are you talking about the 24- or 48-port 2960S or the 2960C?  2960C does NOT support PoE+ and does NOT support stacking.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card