cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between SFP GLC-LH-SM 30-1299-01 and GLC-LH-SM 30-1299-02?

Is there a place where i can find the difference between SFP GLC-LH-SM 30-1299-01 and GLC-LH-SM 30-1299-02?

Also i am looking for information if there are any issues using SFP GLC-LH-SM 30-1299-01 with any specific IOS on 2960?

Thanks,

Satish

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those are internal part number.  They are all the same and the difference is most likely be the TRUE manufacturer.  You can identify who is the real manufacturer by doing some diagnostics or just by looking at the first three character of the serial number of the SFP modules.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Regarding the second part of your question, Cisco publishes a compatibility matrix here listing which transceivers are comaptible with which devices and the necessary IOS level.

Thank you for clarification. Looking at SN numbers these seems to be Cisco ones. SFP SN numbers of the not working (

GLC-LH-SM, 30-1299-02 ) ones are starting with FNS13460xxx. IOS on 2960 switch is 2.2(53)SE2.

If you're finding Cisco parts that are listed as compatible to not work in your switch, I'd suggest opening a TAC case to have them resolve the issue.

FNS13460xxx

FNS means the SFP was made by Finnisar and manufactured between 08 to 12 November 2010.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card