cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disappearing ACL

browe-tfx
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2911 router where I was configuring the device t allow remote desktops connections. Everything is working properly, but for some reason my ACL has disappeared. Has anyone ever experienced this before!?!?!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

so if you do a show access-lists there is nothing there ?   Never heard of that unless you configured it and the box got relooaded without you saving it .   On the new IOS versions for some reason cisco felt it neccessary to move the acl's from the bottom of the config to the top .

View solution in original post

freaggin new IOS's. They causing grief on all platforms Grrrrr I have heard many other issues here on CSC with the new 15.0 uninversal images.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

so if you do a show access-lists there is nothing there ?   Never heard of that unless you configured it and the box got relooaded without you saving it .   On the new IOS versions for some reason cisco felt it neccessary to move the acl's from the bottom of the config to the top .

when I do a sh access-lists all I get is

access-list 1 permit 10.10.18.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 1 remark NAT LIST

access-list 21 remark remark Access-List to provide Telnet into router from Internal IP

access-list 21 permit 10.10.18.0 0.0.0.255 log

There was a power outage in the building earlier, and the other engineer who use to deal with the routers has told me he didn't do a wr mem. But after the power outage I do recall still seeing the access lists and even when I added new access-lists before posting they were wiped without reloading. I will defintely keep an eye on it, I'm hopinh I haven't been staring at my monitors to long.

Alright I just added an entry not to long ago and it did end up disappearing again...I don't know whats going on.

freaggin new IOS's. They causing grief on all platforms Grrrrr I have heard many other issues here on CSC with the new 15.0 uninversal images.

Well I re-added the access lists and nothings changed to day (knock on wood) so I guess I'm good for now. Thanks guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: