cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does 1900 router support priority queue?

winston09
Level 1
Level 1

According to online reference, I can find command for PQ(priority-list) or CQ like queue-list etc, but on my Cisco router 1941, those command seems unavailable, or maybe there is something I was missing.

​Any way, I ant to make several PCs (by IP addresses) on LAN to have lowest priority, whenever WAN interface is congested, packages from/to those IPs can be dropped. And when WAN has enough bandwidth, those IP have have the rest bandwidth as much as possible. 

I think for this feature, QoS needs to be configured and the PQ seems the easiest…however the command isn't exists? IOS version is 15.2.4. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thiagohubes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, if I'm not mistaken, legacy QoS technologies as Priority Queuing and Custom Queuing are not supported in IOS 15, or maybe the IOS accept the typed commands but the context sensitive help is disabled for these legacy commands.

Anyway, It's recommended to use LLQ (Low Latency Queuing) instead of Priority Queuing.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thiagohubes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, if I'm not mistaken, legacy QoS technologies as Priority Queuing and Custom Queuing are not supported in IOS 15, or maybe the IOS accept the typed commands but the context sensitive help is disabled for these legacy commands.

Anyway, It's recommended to use LLQ (Low Latency Queuing) instead of Priority Queuing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you thiagohubes. I will give LLQ a try and see if it meets my requirement.

dan.y
Level 1
Level 1

It is weird that you still can search "Priority Queuing" is supportted for ios 15.x.x in Cisco Feature Navigator. 

Is the Cisco Feature Navigator wrong? or what?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card